Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We have Clearance Clarence

First off, thank you to all the people that have taken a look at my blog and even more of a thanks to those that have begun to follow me. Now with that out of the way...
Yesterday morning I awoke to find the standard 5 am application status email sitting in my inbox. I log in to find that I my medical section now has a check-mark with "A decision has been reached regarding your medical review. Please look for a letter in the mail." What does that even mean? I know every PC applicant going through this process would just prefer to find out the information from logging in, instead of having the feeling in your stomach for a couple of days that they have reached a decision, but they're not going to tell you...yet.

So as I pace back and forth, in my house and in my mind, I wait for our mailman to drive down to deliver the mail.  It finally shows up, about an hour later than usual, and I pan through the mail while I'm walking back in briskly, 35 F out.  I see it.  I sit down, open it up, and a sense of relief comes over me, I made it though the medical step.

I have read many other applicants blogs to see where they are and the timeframe thus far.  From what I gather the placement office is moving and really won't be back and operational till after Thanksgiving.

Last week a PC nurse called me for another test that I needed to submit, it was easy to get from my doctors office, they just had forgotten to give it to me months ago when I requested them.  While I was speaking with her I asked her how my timeframe looks.  She told me that most likely I will be leaving at the end of February, and that PC tries to give two months lead time, which means I should know my destination just around Christmas.  From looking at the PC wiki page this is what people have posted for for February departure dates and locations:

February 9 = Uganda
February 14 = Zambia
February 18 = Namibia
February 27 = Malawi
February 28 = Madagascar

Well that's all I have to say for now.  Happy Thanksgiving to you all and please stay tuned for the next big news.

-Matt

2 comments:

  1. seems like the placement office is moving SUPER slow. get ready for the worst wait.

    ReplyDelete